Friday, December 10, 2010

Rudolf the Red Nose Hobby Horse - Christmas Homemade Toy

I started making this hobby horse a few years ago. I had the head and the antlers sewn - but it never got finished. I have no idea who I was making this for, but I decided it was time to finish it. I learned a lot about how to make a hobby horse properly by watching a few Youtube videos. There is a whole video series on how to make a beautiful hobby horse on Youtube, so if you are going to make one, I suggest you check that out. This post is for ideas only. I won't attempt to tell you how to make it, as I was already half finished a few years ago. I don't have the pattern anymore for the antlers or the head or the ears, but I did just hand draw them. I used googly eyes for the eyes and I sewed on a pom pom for a nose. I did not sew on a mouth as I thought my sewing techniques would ruin it. I was going to sew jingle bells on the antlers, but the recipient of the reindeer is only three, and he has a little brother so I decided not to for safety reasons. I think the little boy who got this was scared of it at first (either that or confused as to what it was), but I have heard that he has warmed up to it now.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute Christmas gift! I won't exchange it for an expensive gift. I would definitely treasure this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute gift for everyone! Actually, my sister have some collection of santa claus reindeer. I am sure she will like the rudolf the red nose toy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very adorable Christmas gift! I mean It is just too cute to give! These little Rudolf makes me want to make my own stuffy toy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete