Friday, May 13, 2011

Fiesta Panini Recipe


I borrowed a Panini cookbook from the library that had over 200 panini recipes in it. This was the first recipe I tried from that book because I had all the ingredients - and boy is it good. I made this again yesterday - mmmmm. I doubled the recipe and was able to cook up three large tortillas and three small ones. You should give it a try....
Here's the recipe:

Fiesta Panini
1/4 cup drained rinsed canned beans
1/4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1/4 cup sliced green bell pepper
1/4 cup cream cheese softened
1 tbsp salsa
2 - 6 inch flour tortillas
1 tbsp butter
4 slices bacon, diced and cooked crisp
1/2 c Montery Jack Cheese
In a bowl combine beans, corn and green pepper. Set aside. In another bowl, combine cream cheese and salsa. 
Brush one side of each tortilla with butter. Place on a work surface, butter side down, and spread with cream cheese mixture. Evenly layer with bean mixture, bacon and cheese on one half of the tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges. Fold tortillas over filling. Place sandwiches in a grill (panini grill, George Foreman, etc.) and cook until golden brown approx. 3-4 minutes. Let cool a couple minutes before eating.
Here's the recipe card....

5 comments:

  1. I have been falling in love with paninis as of late this one sounds awesome come see what I shared
    http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super, easy, and quick!! So my favorite type of food!! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. I hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delish! thanks for partying with whipperberry!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's only 6:30 in the morning, but that pannini has me drooling already!

    ReplyDelete