Thursday, June 16, 2011

Best Pop Ever - Father's Day Gift Wrap Idea


I saw this pop bottle gift idea in a recycling book a few months ago, and I knew I had to make this for my hubby! This is an emptied 2 liter pop bottle, filled with goodies. It all came together when I found the most awesome label on the
She covered a pop can with this fabulous label she made.  I printed out the largest one I could print on my printer - and had to print out another one to fill in the gaps as it didn't quite fit around the bottle - but the width was the perfect size. 

Check this label out - it is so clever!

So here is how to make this pop bottle into a gift bottle... 


1. Clean an empty 2 liter bottle.
2. Take an exacto knife and make a slit in the plastic - the width of the label.
3. Fill the bottle with goodies. The goodies need to be sort of flat to successfully get in the bottle without any injuries - I filled it with socks, gum, licorice, peanuts, and a gift card. 

4. Glue or tape on your label.
5. To make the label shiny and look like it is all one piece - cover it with clear shelving paper. 


And there you have it - a unique low calorie Father's Day gift!

Check out my Dad's Day page for other Father's Day ideas.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up to....

Party Button

3 comments:

  1. "Low Cal" huh - too funny!! I bet he loves it! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't resist commenting. Very well written!

    Here is my webpage where do i find gatorade coupons

    ReplyDelete