Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Book Page Snowman Gift Bag



I am on a mission to make gift bags right now. I am loving the book page craze out there and so I decided to put that on a gift bag. Here is how I made it:

1. I copy and pasted book page graphic from Graphics Fairy, to my favorite publishing program. I added the cute snowman dingbat that I downloaded for free. The font is called "Janda Christmas Doodles" and it has a lot of adorable pictures on there. I like dingbats because you can paste them onto a background and it looks like you have drawn it on there. The font size of my snowman is 450. After printing I cut the image out, and colored in his nose.

2. I picked a background paper, inked the edges with light brown ink, sewed around the edge, and adhered it to an 8x10 kraft gift bag.

3. I glued on the snowman, snow flakes and "Merry Christmas". The Merry Christmas was cut out using the Cricut cartridge - Joys of the Season - size 2 1/2. The snowflakes are from a Martha Stewart punch. I added some jewels to the centers of each snowflake.

I just love that snowman - he is soooo cute! Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up to....

Graphics Fairy

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous gift bag! I absolutely love the cute little snowman. And I really appreciate you giving us such clear instructions on how you created this gorgeous project. I'm adding it to my list of things to try. :-) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is darling! I haven't made gift bags in a few years. With all I have left, I should start doing something with them again! I love the idea of using book pages for a snowman!! Gonna give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marry Christmas to you in advance !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good ideas! I like the way you express your idea and the topic you choose. KEep on your sharing! I appreciate it. wine gift bags

    ReplyDelete