Friday, May 24, 2013

Life is a Picnic - Marriage Survival Kit


Hello! Welcome to my blog!
I love to give practical yet unique gifts. I have made quite a few marriage survival kits. I am always trying to come up with new ideas so that the recipients have no idea what they are getting - other than they know they will probably get a survival kit. I thought a picnic theme was good for a spring/summer wedding gift. Here is what I put in it:


1. Item I purchased - LAWN BLANKET - saying to go with it:
TAKE TIME TO RELAX AND GET WRAPPED UP IN EACH OTHER

2. Item I purchased - THERMOS - saying to go with it:
LIVE WITHIN THE WARMTH OF EACH OTHER'S HEART



3. Item I purchased - BUG NET - saying to go with it:
KEEP THE BUGS OUT




4. Item I purchased - ICE PACK - saying to go with it:
KEEP YOUR COOL

5. Item I purchased - WATER BOTTLES WITH LEMONADE PACKETS - saying to go with it:
WHEN LIFE GIVE YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

6. Item I purchased - FOOD CONTAINERS - saying to go with them:
FRESH IS BEST - DON'T LET YOUR LOVE GO STALE



I originally was going to give this gift in a picnic bag that I made out of a table cloth (one of those plastic ones from the dollar store) then I changed my mind and purchased a cooler. I still put everything in the bag, then I put the bag in the cooler. Check out my tutorial HERE on how to make a no sew bag (with duct tape and staples). I made this bag the same way except I sewed it (seriously easier to zip it up with a machine if you have one). I also added a few pockets.


With the left overs from the table cloth I made a bow and ribbon. This is the first time making a bow, and I think it turned out pretty good. I love that the ribbon goes with the theme.

I made tags using freebie picnic tags from a site that is AWESOME called Laminas & Laminas - check it out HERE.

Of course - with most of my survival kits I like to include marriage advice. For the tags and the marriage advice click HERE.

If you have ideas that would work with this kit or any other comments I would love for you to drop me a line. Thank you for stopping by!

Linking up to...

Tatertots and Jello

10 comments:

  1. What an adorable idea! You are so creative and I love gifts like this. Do you have a similar gift idea for a new baby?

    Thanks for stopping by for a visit and commenting! Hope your gardening weather starts to improve, but it's sure nice to know we aren't the only ones with crazy weather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment! I do have a couple survival kits for babies - however - they were for moms who had children already so I geared the kits more for the mom. The one is called " A Mother Who Knows" survival kit which is on the spiritual side and The Busy Mom survival kit.

      Delete
  2. Cute idea, you are invited to share this with Show Your Stuff:

    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2013/05/peanut-butter-pudding-cookies-show-your.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I will see you at your blog :) Thanks for the invitation!!

      Delete
  3. I love it! I pinned this to my "Wedding Favors & Gifts" board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable idea! You are so creative and I love gifts like this. Do you have a similar gift idea for a new baby? Thanks for stopping by for a visit and commenting! Hope your gardening weather starts to improve, but it's sure nice to know we aren't the only ones with crazy weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking my blog!! I like your project and your blog!!!! Hugs from Barcelona.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea!!! I am currently making it for my brother's upcoming wedding. I went to print out the tags, but noticed the tag for the food containers (fresh is best...) was not included. Any way I can get that one as well so that they all match? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!!! I am currently making it for my brother's upcoming wedding. I was printing out the tags and noticed that the one for the food containers (fresh is best...) was not included. Any way I can get that one as well so they all match? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! Sorry about that. Send me your email at suefergiebum@gmail.com and I will send you the tag.

      Delete