Sunday, April 2, 2017

April 2017 Visiting Teaching Message Handout Idea


Hello! Welcome to my blog! April's Visiting Teaching message is on The Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood. For the full message 
I created a printable that has most of the quotes that are in the message with a few additions.
For the pdf version click here:




I have these quotes in a sun because of an analogy Neil L. Anderson gave a few years ago in 
General Conference:

A man may open the drapes so the warm sunlight comes into the room, but the man does not own the sun or the light or the warmth it brings. The blessings of the priesthood are infinitely greater than the one who is asked to administer the gift.

I just love that analogy, and that talk - which teaches about the power of the priesthood. Click
I made a handout with that quote as the theme.
I saw a cute curtain card online and used that as my inspiration. Check it out HERE.
For the pdf file of the Visiting Teaching handout  CLICK HERE. Here is what it looks like:

I also love the quote:
If you want light to come into your life, 
you need to stand where it is shining.

I think this relates to this months message. Too often we stand in the shadows when it comes to the power of the priesthood because we don't fully understand it. As Neil L. Anderson said - "We sometimes overly associate the power of the priesthood with men in the Church. The priesthood is the power and authority of God given for the salvation and blessing of all - men, women and children."

We can invite sunshine into our lives as we "...expand (our) understanding of the priesthood..."
Linda K. Burton
because we will "come in possession of the privileges and blessings and gifts of the Priesthood." Joseph Smith

To make the card - after printing out the sheet you will need to fold the card into quarters, cut out the front window and make the curtains. I used double sided tape to adhere two pieces of 2" ribbon onto a thin strip of paper that I used for a curtain rod. Then I tied each ribbon at the bottom with 
some floss to give it a curtain look.



















Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely darling, I love it. I enjoy spending a little bit of extra time for my sisters because they seem to enjoy it so much. Thanks a bunch for sharing, you've really spent a lot of time on this I can tell. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I like going the extra mile as well :) The ladies feel all the more special and loved

      Delete
  2. I love your idea and printout, so adorable thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome - it is my pleasure to share!! Thank you so much for your comment

      Delete